With Thanksgiving upon us and Christmas right around the corner, it’s officially time to panic. The holiday season sneaks up on us every year and, as moms, we are the ones responsible for MAKING ALL THE MAGIC HAPPEN.
It’s a lot of responsibility, but I’m here to help! Today I’m sharing some tried and true ways you can make this Christmas season the BEST and MOST STRESSFUL ever!
12 fool-proof ways to have a stressful Christmas:
1. Take a family photo for holiday cards. Be sure to wait till the last minute and pay for rush shipping. Insist on color-coordinated outfits for all family members. Include the dog. Spend hours picking the perfect template online.
2. Schedule LOTS of Christmas fun. Make sure every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in December is packed full with holiday activities. Add in several new expensive traditions. Leave no white space in your calendar.
3. Say YES to everything. Volunteering? Last minute fun? Special events? Do it all.
4. Related: Rush everywhere.
5. Go all out on the Christmas lights. Make a special effort to outdo your neighbors.
6. Make all the gifts by hand. For coworkers, grandparents, hostess gifts. It doesn’t mean anything unless it’s handmade. By you.
7. Bake everything from scratch. All the party food, and holiday dinners should be homemade. Otherwise, there’s no Christmas magic. Otherwise, it doesn’t count. Otherwise, it means you don’t care.
8. Buy toys for the kids that require extra assembly. Or odd-sized batteries.
9. Wrap everything last minute. Because nothing says love like a mom who’s up at 1 AM Christmas morning finishing the gift wrapping.
10. Related: Delegate nothing.
11. Spend more money than you have. Get all the latest and greatest. Keep an eye on social media to see what everyone else is doing and buying, and be sure to keep up.
12. And the last one is key: Keep high expectations for yourself, your kids, your family, your activities. Insist on perfection all around.
**If you enjoyed this post, please share it! (PS: other ways to be a miserable mom) And be sure to sign up below to get The Scoop, a twice a month newsletter filled with helpful links to the best posts and podcasts to encourage you in your journey of faith and motherhood!